10 Fun Roommate Dates for Fall
During this time in the semester, we all are busy studying for midterms, finalizing rough drafts on papers and balancing upcoming deadlines. All of this can make us stressed out and leave us with no time to enjoy the fall season and catch up on some quality time with our roommates.
Although this time of year is busy, there are so many ways to hang out with roommates, celebrate fall, and not fall behind on your school responsibilities. Check out these 10 roommate dates for the fall -- P.S. you get bonus points if you do all of them!
1. Make Haunted Gingerbread Houses: Who said that making gingerbread houses was exclusively for Christmas time? You can actually have so much fun during the fall season by creating your own spooky haunted house with your roommates! Some stores like Target already have pre-made kits to make life easier, but you can get creative and use just about any decoration you want, like edible glitter or multi-colored icing, just have fun with it!
2. Visit Haunted Houses: One of the greatest parts of the fall season is Halloween. Candy, costumes, scary movies -- what’s not to love? Gather up your roommates one weekend and take a trip to a haunted house attraction in your area! Typically, there are multiple little attractions in the same location, like a haunted hayride, corn maze, etc. This is such a fun way to have fun and celebrate the spooky season with friends!
3. Host a Halloween Party: A small Halloween party is a super fun way to meet up with roommates and catch up with them! To host a small party in your dorm or apartment, start by decorating with some inexpensive pumpkins, cotton cobwebs, and glow in the dark lights to give it that spooky feeling. Then find some fun, Halloween-themed snacks to make for your friends, like Hot Dog Mummies, Halloween Harvest Mix and Vampire Teeth Cookies! Lastly, find a spunky Spotify playlist that has all of the greatest Halloween hits to keep everyone dancing through the night!
4. Plan an Orchard Trip: I think just about everyone has at least one picture on their Instagram either picking an apple or holding a pumpkin during this time of year, and there’s nothing wrong with that! Apple orchards and pumpkin patches are so much fun to go to during the fall season. There’s the beautiful colors of the leaves, the crisp smell of fresh apples, and let’s not forget -- all sorts of yummy treats like apple cider doughnuts! Gather the roomies to take a trip to an orchard and don’t forget to snap a pic on the hayride!
5. Go to a Fall Festival: Fall brings out all sorts of happiness within me, and fall festivals are a huge part of that happiness. Fall festivals are a great way to hang out with your roommates because there are all sorts of food, music, and fun! No matter what, there will always be something that everyone can enjoy.
6. Have a Bonfire: I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t love a good bonfire. On a nice, crisp and chilly night, get the roomies together and have a bonfire! Get a ton of warm blankets and pillows, light the fire, and enjoy the company of your friends around the fire. For bonus points, load up on graham crackers, chocolate bars and marshmallows to make s’mores, you can’t go wrong with them!
7. Host a Friendsgiving: Sometimes while in college, everyone doesn’t get the opportunity to travel home for the holidays if they’re far away. Maybe this is the case with one of your roommates, maybe it isn’t -- but regardless, a Friendsgiving is a great way to bring everyone together and create that feeling of home while you’re away. Have each of the roomies prepare a dish like macaroni and cheese or mashed potatoes and collectively prepare and enjoy the meal together. Nothing says fall like being with friends!
8. Go on a Brewery Tour: If you are of legal age, going on a brewery tour with your roommates is such a fun way to get together and celebrate fall. Around this time of year, there are usually a ton of autumn-themed lagers and stouts, so it’s a great way to try new flavors and loosen up with your roomies!
9. Have a Fall Photoshoot: Fall is the perfect season to have a photoshoot with roommates and friends- the leaves are beautiful colors, the clothes are cute and comfortable, and the decor is fun and seasonal. Find a perfect spot on campus or elsewhere and have a photoshoot! Bring in some props like a pumpkin or a little chalkboard sign to add some fun!
10. Go to a Football Game: College football is one of the greatest elements about the fall season. It truly gets you in the spirit and hypes you up for the rest of the year! Gather up the roomies one weekend and head over to the football stadium for a day loaded with pictures, food and fun! Get there early if you want to tailgate!
Ultimately the best part about fall is being around those you love and care about. There are so many opportunities to do this, like the ones above, that I guarantee you’re going to want to do these activities every season. Don’t take this semester too seriously and remember to take the time to have fun with your roommates!.
Interested in using our roommate matching formula to find the perfect college roommate for you? Create a profile & take the roommate quiz on Roomsurf! Get Started